Dental care assistants are expected to see a faster-than-average employment growth, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). If this career interests you, read about the dental care assistant schools in Wisconsin and what it takes to become a dental aid or assistant. As a student interested in a career in dental assisting, you’ll find Wisconsin has several accredited dental care aid or assistant schools in Wisconsin. The American Dental Association lists six dental care assistant schools in Wisconsin that are accredited by the American Dental Association – Commission on Dental Accreditation. Additionally, the National Center for Education Statistics indicates that there are more than 15 schools in Wisconsin that offer dental assisting programs. To be eligible for certification, students are typically required to have completed a state-approved accredited dental care assistant school.
Dental Assistant Schools in WisconsinDental care assistant training programs can typically be completed in a year and are usually diploma programs. The curriculum includes didactic course, laboratory courses and clinical education. Dental assisting courses may include dental radiography, general anatomy, dental office management, health safety and dental materials. To complete the clinical portion, the student completes a supervised internship at a local dental clinic. Completing the training prepares students to take the Dental Assisting National Board certification examination. Students who haven’t completed an accredited program must have at least 3,500 hours of dental assisting work experience to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in WisconsinDental care assistants in Wisconsin earned a median annual wage of $34,600 in 2012, as reported by the BLS. This figure is very close to the national average of $34,500. Salaries vary by location; dental aid or assistants in Madison earned $37,300 that same year.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Wisconsin
|Marquette University School of Dentistry||Milwaukee, WI||marquette.edu/dentistry|
|Fox Valley Technical College||Appleton, WI||https://www.fvtc.edu|
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||Green Bay, WI||https://www.nwtc.edu|
|Blackhawk Technical College||Janesville, WI||http://www.blackhawk.edu|
|Gateway Technical College||Kenosha, WI||https://www.gtc.edu|
|Western Technical College||La Crosse, WI||https://www.westerntc.edu|
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||Shell Lake, WI||http://www.witc.edu|