Dental Assistant Schools in WashingtonBefore you look at the classes that different programs offer, you should consider whether you want a program that awards you a certificate or a degree. Certification programs let you start your future career quickly. You usually complete your training in a 10-week session or within six months. While this might sound great, you need to consider your future earnings. Those with degrees often find salaried positions that come with health insurance and other benefits, while those with certificates usually work jobs that come with an hourly salary and fewer benefits.
Salaries for Dental Care Assistants in WashingtonWhen choosing a career, you should choose something that interests you and lets you earn money at the same time. Dental care assistants often make less than dental hygienists do, because hygienists spend more time in school and have a more specialized set of skills. As a dental care assistant working in Washington, you will make an average salary of $18 an hour or around $34,000 to $35,000 a year. Though this is the average salary, you should know that you will make less in your first job. Entry level positions usually pay a few less dollars an hour, but you can also earn more than the average amount reported. The Washington State Dental Association is responsible for the accreditation of different dental schools in the state. The WSDA regularly checks those programs and the degrees the school offer to ensure that the classes prepare students to work as a dental assistant and that students can take any necessary examinations. The schools accredited by the WSDA are:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Washington
|University of Washington School of Dentistry||Seattle, WA, U.S.||dental.washington.edu|
|Bates Technical College ||Tacoma, WA||http://www.bates.ctc.edu|
|Clover Park Technical College ||Lakewood, WA||http://www.cptc.edu/|
|Lake Washington Technical College ||Kirkland, WA||http://www.lwtech.edu|
|Bellingham Technical College ||Bellingham, WA||http://www.btc.edu|
|Renton Technical College ||Renton, WA||http://www.rtc.edu|
|Spokane Community College ||Spokane, WA||http://www.scc.spokane.edu|
|Seattle Vocational Institute||Seattle, WA||http://svi.seattlecolleges.edu|
|South Puget Sound Community College ||Olympia, WA||https://spscc.edu|