Dental Assistant Schools in Virginia2 Both Germana and Northern Virginia Community College also offer dental hygiene degrees, along with half a dozen more Virginia colleges and universities. You can find these listed at the Virginia Dental Hygienists’ Association (VDHA) website. To be a licensed dental hygienist in the state, you need to complete either an associate or bachelor’s degree at one of these accredited schools. Some hygienists may also go on to complete post graduate degrees. Hygienists in the state are encouraged to join the VDHA, where they will find opportunities for professional networking and resources for continuing education.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in VirginiaThere’s a large variance in salaries for dental care assistants. According to salary.com, salaries for much of the state are below the national average, though dental assistants in northern Virginia, near the Washington, D.C. area, are likely to be paid higher than the national average. The median salary for a dental care assistant in Richmond, Virginia’s capital city, is over $33,000, but that’s almost $2,000 less than the median salary in northern Virginia, where the cost of living is significantly higher.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Virginia
|Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry||Richmond, Virginia, United States||dentistry.vcu.edu|