Dental Assistant Schools in Virginia2 Both Germana and Northern Virginia Community College also offer dental hygiene degrees, along with half a dozen more Virginia colleges and universities. You can find these listed at the Virginia Dental Hygienists’ Association (VDHA) website. To be a licensed dental hygienist in the state, you need to complete either an associate or bachelor’s degree at one of these accredited schools. Some hygienists may also go on to complete post graduate degrees. Hygienists in the state are encouraged to join the VDHA, where they will find opportunities for professional networking and resources for continuing education.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in VirginiaThere’s a large variance in salaries for dental care assistants. According to salary.com, salaries for much of the state are below the national average, though dental assistants in northern Virginia, near the Washington, D.C. area, are likely to be paid higher than the national average. The median salary for a dental care assistant in Richmond, Virginia’s capital city, is over $33,000, but that’s almost $2,000 less than the median salary in northern Virginia, where the cost of living is significantly higher.
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Virginia
|Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry||Richmond, Virginia, United States||dentistry.vcu.edu|