Dental Assistant Schools in VermontCTE offers a certificate in dental assisting. Before admission to the program, students must have had one mathematics credit, one science credit, and five elective credits. The main body of the curriculum consists of courses in subjects like anatomy and physiology, microbiology and pharmacology, psychology, medical emergencies, dental practice management, preventative dentistry, dental materials, and dental radiology. Also, students receive lectures from visiting dental professionals. Integrated into the curriculum are required clinicals, externships, and field placements for providing practical experience and on-the-job-training in dental offices. Upon graduation, students receive their certificate for the program, CPR/AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator) certification, and attain professional endorsement in the state for taking dental radiographs. Graduates can sit for the Certified Dental Aid (CDA) exam, thus giving them an edge over non-certified job applicants. CTE also encourages newly minted dental assistants to pursue further study, which can enable them to become Expanded Functions Dental Assistants, or even dental hygienists or dentists.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in VermontEssex Junction is part of the Burlington-South Burlington metropolitan statistic area, where dental care assistants made an annual mean wage of $39,260 in 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is higher than the annual mean wage for dental caer assistants in the state and in the country; the numbers are $37,560 and $35,080, respectively. The Burlington metro area had 190 dental care assistants in 2010 — 38 percent of the state’s number. The BLS does not expect the number of job opportunities to change much over the next decade.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Vermont
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Essex Junction, VT||https://www.brookings.edu|