Dental Assistant Schools in UtahThe aforementioned Utah schools have a Dental Assisting Certificate program. At Davis Applied Technology College, the program requires 1,200 hours and can be completed in 15 months. The one at Bridgerland Applied Technology Center requires 1,350 hours, but can be completed within the same amount of time as that of Davis. Ogden-Weber’s program consists of 1,485 hours, with the institution estimating the period of completion at 12 months. The schools share common core courses, some of which are in dental radiology, dental terminology, and law ethics. Also included in each program is a series of externships or clinical procedural practices. Places in laboratories, hospitals, and clinics, students are integrated into a simulated workplace, thus gaining hands-on experience. The curriculum at Ogden-Weber includes subjects in math, computer literacy, and job-seeking skills to better equip graduates as they go job hunting with their newly acquired skills.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in UtahIn 2012–according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)–dental care assistants in Utah made a yearly annual salary of $27,460, with the hourly wage calculated at $13.20. By comparison, the national mean annual wage for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that year. There were 4,080 dental care assistants in Utah in 2010, according to the BLS. Between 2010 and 2020, the BLS expects that number to grow to 5,850: a 43 percent growth rate. This outpaces the national employment growth rate for dental care assistants by 18 percent.
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Utah
|University of Utah School of Dentistry||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States||http://dentistry.utah.edu/|
|Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine||11 Sunset Way, Henderson, NV 89014, United States||www.roseman.edu|
|Davis Applied Technology College||Kaysville, UT||http://www.datc.edu|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology Center||Logan, UT||http://www.batc.edu|
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology Center||Ogden, UT||http://www.owatc.edu|