Dental Assistant Schools in TexasWhether you want to work as a dental care assistant or a hygienist, you cannot expect to walk in off the street and get a job right off the bat. The men and women working in the field spent years establishing themselves and gaining more experience, but they all start with the right school. A certification program is a terminal program that gives you a dental care assistant certificate, wile a degree program lets you earn an applied health degree. Though both program offer similar classes, having a college degree can often open more doors than a certificate can.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in TexasTexas is home to one of the largest populations of dental care assistants in the country. In 2009, nearly 20,000 people worked as a dental care assistant, and that number continues growing. Many workers enjoy working with patients and dentists, and they love knowing that the need for their services keeps growing. They also love the salary that they earn, which is nearly $15 an hour. Those earning a regular salary earn a median amount of just over $31,000. Some entry level positions pay less, but you’ll likely notice that your earnings grow after just a few years of working as an assistant. As Texas has so many people working in the dental care assistant field and in similar fields, the state has a number of colleges that offer training programs. These programs let you learn as you work for dentists and in dental offices, and you’ll also learn from instructors in the classroom. Some of the schools you might find interesting include:
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Texas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|The Dental School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||San Antonio, Texas, USA||dental.uthscsa.edu|
|Grayson County College||Denison, TX||http://www.grayson.edu|
|Lone Star College||The Woodlands, TX||http://www.lonestar.edu|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|
|Texas State Technical College||Bellmead, TX||http://www.tstc.edu|