Dental Assistant Schools in TexasWhether you want to work as a dental care assistant or a hygienist, you cannot expect to walk in off the street and get a job right off the bat. The men and women working in the field spent years establishing themselves and gaining more experience, but they all start with the right school. A certification program is a terminal program that gives you a dental care assistant certificate, wile a degree program lets you earn an applied health degree. Though both program offer similar classes, having a college degree can often open more doors than a certificate can.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in TexasTexas is home to one of the largest populations of dental care assistants in the country. In 2009, nearly 20,000 people worked as a dental care assistant, and that number continues growing. Many workers enjoy working with patients and dentists, and they love knowing that the need for their services keeps growing. They also love the salary that they earn, which is nearly $15 an hour. Those earning a regular salary earn a median amount of just over $31,000. Some entry level positions pay less, but you’ll likely notice that your earnings grow after just a few years of working as an assistant. As Texas has so many people working in the dental care assistant field and in similar fields, the state has a number of colleges that offer training programs. These programs let you learn as you work for dentists and in dental offices, and you’ll also learn from instructors in the classroom. Some of the schools you might find interesting include:
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, AAS
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Texas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|The Dental School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||San Antonio, Texas, USA||dental.uthscsa.edu|
|Grayson County College||Denison, TX||http://www.grayson.edu|
|Lone Star College||The Woodlands, TX||http://www.lonestar.edu|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|
|Texas State Technical College||Bellmead, TX||http://www.tstc.edu|