Pursuing a career in the dental industry is a great idea for anyone interested in assisting the public with their hygiene and health. The benefits and opportunities for career advancement also make it an attractive option. Dental care assistants play a key role in helping a dental practice achieve success. They can perform a wide variety of tasks, including cleaning and preparing surgical instruments, performing teeth cleanings, sterilizing equipment, and maintaining office records. If you are interested in a dental care assistant career, it pays to do significant research before deciding what school to attend. There are a total of twenty two dental care assistant schools in Tennessee. Universities with dental care assistant classes include Chatanooga College, Southern Adventist, North East State Community College, and the Daymar Institute. Some university webpages have a comprehensive list of all of the dental assistant programs. Make sure to research each one so that you can find the option that is best for you.
Dental Hygiene Education in TennesseeDental hygiene is one of the most important aspects of human health. Unfortunately, many people neglect their teeth until it is too late. As a dental assistant, you can play an invaluable role in educating and facilitating the dental hygiene process. While researching dental care assistant programs, be sure to find out what colleges emphasize the areas of dentistry that you are most interested in. Most programs offer two year associate degrees.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in TennesseeThe median salary for dental aid or assistants in most Tennessee cities is approximately $30,000 a year. Dental aid or assistants also receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and retirement. It is also often possible to earn bonuses for excellent performance.
Matching School Ads
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Locations: Grand Prairie
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Tennessee
|University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center College of Dentistry||Memphis, TN||www.uthsc.edu/dentistry|
|Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry||Nashville, TN||www.mmc.edu/education/sod|
|Tennessee Tech||Cookeville, TN||https://www.tntech.edu|
|Volunteer State Community College||Gallatin, TN||http://www.volstate.edu|
|Roane State Community College||Harriman, TN||http://www.roanestate.edu|
|Miller-Motte Technical University||Madison, TN||https://www.miller-motte.edu|
|University of Tennessee||Knoxville, TN||http://www.utk.edu|
|Concord College||Memphis, TN||http://www.concorde.edu|
|Draughons Junior College||Nashville, TN||http://www.daymarcollege.edu|
|Kaplan Career Institute||Nashville, TN||https://www.brightwood.edu/|
|Tennessee State||Nashville, TN||http://www.tnstate.edu/|