Becoming a dental care assistant is a fun and rewarding career that is in high demand. With the passing of the Affordable Care Act, dental benefits will be offered to all children. It would be reasonable to assume that the demand for dental assistants will go even higher once this bill is fully implemented. If you are considering a career as a dental care assistant, now is a wonderful time to enroll into a top notch education program. However, not every training program is equal. Here are some tips to help you find the right dental assistant school for you in South Carolina. The first step to achieving your goal in becoming a dental care assistant is to locate an accredited school in South Carolina. The school at which you receive your training will be very important to potential employers. They are often familiar with the elements taught in each course, and they know what type of training they want their employees to be exposed to. An accredited school is much more likely to be recognized as a school with a more comprehensive program that covers all areas of education for a dental care assistant.
Dental Assistant Education in South CarolinaOne of the great advantages of completing dental care assistant school at South Carolina is that the full program usually can be completed in less than one year. In order to get the certification that quickly, it is important that students remain enrolled full time and stay on schedule with all targeted completion dates for their courses. Enrollment for the program is generally easy, however, the courses do fill up quickly.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in South CarolinaSalaries for dental care assistants can range from about $35,000 per year to around $54,000 per year. Certainly the pay will depend on the skill level and education background of the employee, and the salary will also be affect by the geographical region in which you choose to work.
Matching School Ads
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Keiser University | Your Education, Your Schedule? Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser Univ.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In South Carolina
|Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine||Charleston, SC, U.S.||musc.edu/dentistry|