Dental assistant students at San Antonio College can enroll in either the Level 1 Certificate program or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) program in Dental Assisting. The certificate program consists of a one-year, three-semester curriculum with a minimum requirement of 33 credits. By comparison, the A.A.S. program lasts for five semesters and requires at least 60 credits for graduation, due to the addition of general education courses in subjects such as English composition, sociology, psychology, and computer science. Additionally, degree-seeking students can add the Enhanced Communications Skills Certificate in Dental Assisting, gained from a 13-credit program that consists of four courses: Beginning American Sign Language I, Interpersonal Communication, Beginning Conversational Spanish I, and Elementary Spanish I. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam, and they have the choice of getting the Radiology Certificate from the Texas Board of Dental Examiners if planning to specialize in dental radiology.
Salaries for Dental Assistant Schools in San AntonioIn a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the San Antonio-New Braunfels had an annual mean wage of $30,580 in 2012. By comparison, the annual mean wage dental care assistants in Texas was $32,700, and that of the nation was $35,080. The BLS estimates that there are around 2,410 dental care assistants in the San Antonio area; this is about 10 percent of the professionals in the state. The agency expects a 27 percent jump between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In San Antonio
|The Dental School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||San Antonio, Texas, USA||dental.uthscsa.edu|