Dental assistant students at San Antonio College can enroll in either the Level 1 Certificate program or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) program in Dental Assisting. The certificate program consists of a one-year, three-semester curriculum with a minimum requirement of 33 credits. By comparison, the A.A.S. program lasts for five semesters and requires at least 60 credits for graduation, due to the addition of general education courses in subjects such as English composition, sociology, psychology, and computer science. Additionally, degree-seeking students can add the Enhanced Communications Skills Certificate in Dental Assisting, gained from a 13-credit program that consists of four courses: Beginning American Sign Language I, Interpersonal Communication, Beginning Conversational Spanish I, and Elementary Spanish I. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam, and they have the choice of getting the Radiology Certificate from the Texas Board of Dental Examiners if planning to specialize in dental radiology.
Salaries for Dental Assistant Schools in San AntonioIn a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the San Antonio-New Braunfels had an annual mean wage of $30,580 in 2012. By comparison, the annual mean wage dental care assistants in Texas was $32,700, and that of the nation was $35,080. The BLS estimates that there are around 2,410 dental care assistants in the San Antonio area; this is about 10 percent of the professionals in the state. The agency expects a 27 percent jump between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Locations: Grand Prairie
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Daymar College Online
Daymar College has been providing career training since 1963. As a career training school, Daymar College offers more than 30 career tracks at our 9 beautiful campuses in addition to our Online Degree Programs. Our professional faculty brings their passion to the classroom to provide each student with the quality instruction needed to help you be successful on the job and in life. Small class sizes, day and evening classes, and relevant training are just some of the things that make Daymar College a great place to prepare for your future career.
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In San Antonio
|The Dental School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio||San Antonio, Texas, USA||dental.uthscsa.edu|