Dental Assistant Schools in Rhode IslandSchools in R.I. offer a diploma or certificate in dental assisting. Although the program can be completed within a year and a half, the number of credits differ, and the period of study depends on the student. For instance, at Lincoln Tech, students can choose between the full-time day option (51 weeks) and the part-time evening option (72 weeks). The Community College of Rhode Island requires a total of 38 credits for completion of its program, which includes a pre-admission course (Introduction to Dental Health Careers); and general education requirement courses in biology, physics, English, and oral communication. At Lincoln Tech, the total number of credits is 51. Common core courses include Chairside Dental Assisting, Dental Radiography, and Dental Office Management. Generally Lincoln Tech has the more advanced course selections, with two externship units (one for general dental practice, the other for specialization) and two units of dental radiography.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in Rhode IslandIn 2012, the annual median salary of dental care assistants in R.I. was $36,500, or $17.56 per hour, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This surpasses the annual median wage for dental care assistants on a national scale, at $34,500 ($16.59 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of dental assistants in R.I. took home $25,800 ($12.42 per hour), while the highest 10 percent made $45,900 ($22.09 per hour). Rhode Island is home to 880 dental care assistants, a number that the BLS believes will grow by 11 percent between 2010 and 2020.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Rhode Island
|Community College of Rhode Island||Warwick, RI||http://www.ccri.edu/|
|Lincoln Technical Institute||Lincoln, RI||http://www.lincolntech.edu|