When searching for a dental care assistant school, it is important to look for institutions that are accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). By graduating from a CODA-accredited school, potential dental care assistants have met one of the necessary eligibility requirements to earn certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
To begin the search for a CODA-accredited institution in Philadelphia, visit the DANB website (www.danb.org) for a state-by-state listing or go to the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org).
Currently, the Community College of Philadelphia has the only accredited dental care assistant program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dental Hygiene Education in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThose seeking to become professional dental care assistants in Philadelphia can expect to complete about 2,910 clock hours of curriculum education, of which 684 hours are spent training in a clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours to graduate with a certificate or associate's degree. For those seeking a Bachelor's degree, 122 credit hours must be competed.
For those who wish to further their education, such as a Bachelor's or Master's degree, degree completion programs are provided for licensed dental hygienists who have completed the necessary amount of professional education requirements or who have already earned a certificate or associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDental aid or assistants working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can expect to earn about $55,000 per year. This is 1% higher than the national average.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Philadelphia
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|