Dental Assistant Schools in PennsylvaniaThere is also a Pennsylvania chapter of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association. The Pennsylvania Dental Hygienists’ Association (PDHA) provides information regarding state requirements for continuing education. These are the mandatory courses needed for ongoing license renewal within Pennsylvania. The current requirements are for dental hygienists to complete 20 hours of continuing education credits every two years. Full information about what courses must be taken, which can vary depending on your area of specialization or certification, can be found at the PA state board of dentistry website. The PDHA website also provides updated listings of course offerings held in specific areas of the state.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in PennsylvaniaIn general, according to salary.com, Pennsylvania dental care assistants make more than the national average if they work in the eastern part of the state, while dental care assistants in the central and western parts of Pennsylvania are likely to make less than the national average. For instance, the median salary for a dental assistant in Philadelphia is almost $35,000, while the median salary for a dental care assistant in Pittsburgh is not quite $33,000. The variance in salary across the state is likely due to a number of factors, including population.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Medical Assistant
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Pennsylvania
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|
|University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA||www.dental.pitt.edu|