Dental Assistant Schools in OklahomaAll the aforementioned schools provide a certificate or diploma in dental assisting. The curriculum is designed for completion within 10 to 12 months. In the certificate/diploma program, students are trained in the basics of the field, such as medical terminology, dental radiography, chairside functions, and oral hygiene. Rose State College is the only one of the five dental assisting schools to provide the additional choice of getting an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting. A two-year program, the A.A.S. degree usually has more advanced classes in certain subject areas and additional clinical classes for giving the students hands-on experience. Also added to the curriculum are more general education requirements, which can be in math, English composition, biology, or the humanities. After graduation from the dental assisting program, students can sit for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) exams and become Certified Dental Assistants (CDAs).
Salaries for Dental Assistants in OklahomaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Oklahoma had an annual mean wage of $29,680, or $14.27 per hour, in 2012. At $31,370 ($15.08 per hour), the northeastern Oklahoma metro area had the annual wage of the state for this profession. By comparison, the national mean annual salary for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that same year. There were 3,720 dental care assistants in Oklahoma in 2010, and the BLS expects a 15 percent increase in employment between 2010 and 2020.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Oklahoma
|University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry||Oklahoma City, OK||http://dentistry.ouhsc.edu|
|Rose State College||Midwest City, OK||https://www.rose.edu|
|Moore Norman Technology Center||Norman, OK||https://www.mntc.edu|
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://francistuttle.edu|
|Metro Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.metrotech.edu|
|Western Technology Center||Burns Flat, OK||https://www.westtech.edu|