Dental Assistant Schools in OklahomaAll the aforementioned schools provide a certificate or diploma in dental assisting. The curriculum is designed for completion within 10 to 12 months. In the certificate/diploma program, students are trained in the basics of the field, such as medical terminology, dental radiography, chairside functions, and oral hygiene. Rose State College is the only one of the five dental assisting schools to provide the additional choice of getting an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting. A two-year program, the A.A.S. degree usually has more advanced classes in certain subject areas and additional clinical classes for giving the students hands-on experience. Also added to the curriculum are more general education requirements, which can be in math, English composition, biology, or the humanities. After graduation from the dental assisting program, students can sit for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) exams and become Certified Dental Assistants (CDAs).
Salaries for Dental Assistants in OklahomaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Oklahoma had an annual mean wage of $29,680, or $14.27 per hour, in 2012. At $31,370 ($15.08 per hour), the northeastern Oklahoma metro area had the annual wage of the state for this profession. By comparison, the national mean annual salary for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that same year. There were 3,720 dental care assistants in Oklahoma in 2010, and the BLS expects a 15 percent increase in employment between 2010 and 2020.
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assistant-Diploma
- Medical Assistant-Diploma
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Oklahoma
|University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry||Oklahoma City, OK||http://dentistry.ouhsc.edu|
|Rose State College||Midwest City, OK||https://www.rose.edu|
|Moore Norman Technology Center||Norman, OK||https://www.mntc.edu|
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://francistuttle.edu|
|Metro Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.metrotech.edu|
|Western Technology Center||Burns Flat, OK||https://www.westtech.edu|