1. A Dental Hygienist must be certified. They take x rays, run machines and other tasks assisting the dentist.
2. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must take an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
They clean teeth, manage and assist others in the office, give information on oral hygiene and plaque control to patients.
Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in North CarolinaNorth Carolina has 23 Dental Care Assistant Schools throughout the state, and all of these Dental Care Assistant schools offer both the certificate or dental hygienist program, and the advanced or certified Dental Care Assistant program. Wherever you live in North Carolina, there is a quality Dental Assistant school within 40 miles.
To research a few of the schools, all 23 Dental Assistant and Hygienist schools are listed at Unixl.com.
Dental Hygiene Education in North CarolinaDental Hygienists are only required to take 10 months of training and then pass the state exam. Dental Hygienists receive their formal education at academic programs at community colleges, tech colleges, vocational schools, and universities. Graduate who have passed any of these programs, typically receive certificates. This is a relatively short time to have the opportunity for a career in dental programs in North Carolina. For those people even more ambitious, accelerated training, distance education and part-time education programs are available.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in North CarolinaThe average salary for either a Dental Hygienist or Assistant is above average. The salaries in cities across North Carolina are very similar with the lowest average salary starts at $34,000 and the most advanced around $65,000. This is an amazing salary for someone who has spent such a short time in training. Dental Assisting is a rewarding career that requires an equivalent of an Associates Degree and is tested with a state exam that must be passed. All 23 of the schools in North Carolina have dental programs, and are listed on Unixl.com. Contact the school of your choice for more information.
The programs consist of general education courses, vocational courses and clinic hours. These courses can be completed in less than two years, which puts the graduate to work as soon as they pass the exam.
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Pharmacy
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In North Carolina
|University of North Carolina School of Dentistry||North Carolina, United States||www.northcarolina.edu|
|East Carolina University School of Dentistry||Greenville, North Carolina, United States||http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/dentistry/index.cfm|