1. A Dental Hygienist must be certified. They take x rays, run machines and other tasks assisting the dentist.
2. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must take an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
They clean teeth, manage and assist others in the office, give information on oral hygiene and plaque control to patients.
Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in North CarolinaNorth Carolina has 23 Dental Care Assistant Schools throughout the state, and all of these Dental Care Assistant schools offer both the certificate or dental hygienist program, and the advanced or certified Dental Care Assistant program. Wherever you live in North Carolina, there is a quality Dental Assistant school within 40 miles.
To research a few of the schools, all 23 Dental Assistant and Hygienist schools are listed at Unixl.com.
Dental Hygiene Education in North CarolinaDental Hygienists are only required to take 10 months of training and then pass the state exam. Dental Hygienists receive their formal education at academic programs at community colleges, tech colleges, vocational schools, and universities. Graduate who have passed any of these programs, typically receive certificates. This is a relatively short time to have the opportunity for a career in dental programs in North Carolina. For those people even more ambitious, accelerated training, distance education and part-time education programs are available.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in North CarolinaThe average salary for either a Dental Hygienist or Assistant is above average. The salaries in cities across North Carolina are very similar with the lowest average salary starts at $34,000 and the most advanced around $65,000. This is an amazing salary for someone who has spent such a short time in training. Dental Assisting is a rewarding career that requires an equivalent of an Associates Degree and is tested with a state exam that must be passed. All 23 of the schools in North Carolina have dental programs, and are listed on Unixl.com. Contact the school of your choice for more information.
The programs consist of general education courses, vocational courses and clinic hours. These courses can be completed in less than two years, which puts the graduate to work as soon as they pass the exam.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In North Carolina
|University of North Carolina School of Dentistry||North Carolina, United States||www.northcarolina.edu|
|East Carolina University School of Dentistry||Greenville, North Carolina, United States||http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/dentistry/index.cfm|