Dental Assistant Schools in New YorkThe New York State Education Department provides licensure requirements for dental hygienists. They also provide a listing of registered programs where you can receive training in hygienist skills that will help you qualify for your license. You can go to the nysed.gov website and search their database for programs leading to a professional license. The drop down menu will give you a number of options which include dental hygiene. There are currently 14 registered programs for dental hygienist training, most of them associated with universities or community colleges.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in New York
According to dentalassistant.net, the median salary for a dental care assistant working in New York is $34,690. This is just slightly above the median standard nationwide. The lowest NY dental assistant salary is approximately $25,000 with the highest just over $47,000. Median salaries in both Albany and New York city run a little higher than the median for the entire state. > Although there are only two CODA accredited schools , there are many other programs that offer training in dental care assistant skills. To be a certified dental assistant in New York, one needs to be at least 17, have completed high school or have a GED, and have successfully completed a program that is New York Board approved. Exams are also required. A list of approved educational programs can be found through the database at the New York State Education Department. If you search under “certified dental care assistant,” you’ll find a list of 23 registered programs in various locations across the state.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Assistant-AS
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In New York
|Columbia University College of Dental Medicine||Manhattan, New York, US||www.dental.columbia.edu|
|New York University College of Dentistry||New York City, New York, USA||www.nyu.edu/dental/|
|State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine||Buffalo, NY, U.S.||dental.buffalo.edu|
|State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine||Stony Brook, NY, U.S.||hsc.stonybrookmedicine.edu|