New Hampshire Technical Institute (NHTI), Concord’s Community College is the only school in the state of New Hampshire that has a dental assisting program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Located in the state capital of Concord, after which it is named, NHTI Concord has been serving the community with two-year educational and training programs since its establishment in 1965. NHTI Concord is part of the Community College System of New Hampshire, and it is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Dental Assistant Schools in New HampshireThe dental care assistant curriculum of NHTI Concord covers the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. Thus it takes a year to complete; a Professional Certificate in Dental Assisting is awarded upon graduation. Students take 19 credits in the fall, with introductory classes in dental assisting, dental radiology, and psychology. Also, students begin the first of three clinical units for acquiring hands-on experience; this is meant to prepare them for a professional life in dental offices or clinics. Also required is an English Composition. The Spring semester comprises 17 credits, which includes classes in oral hygiene, office management, medical emergencies, and communications. This is also when students take the second Clinical Experience course. The last semester, which takes place in the summer, is solely dedicated to the last clinical course unit (Dental Assisting Clinical Experience III). It consists of four credits and lasts for six weeks. After graduation, students can sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. There are no additional certification options for New Hampshire.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in New HampshireAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Hampshire made an annual median salary of $44,400 ($21.33 per hour) in 2012. (This is almost $10,000 more than the national median salary for dental care assistants.) The bottom 10 percentile had an annual wage of $29,400 ($14.13 per hour), while the top 10 percentile took home $57,600 ($27.71 per hour). There are 1,530 dental assistants in New Hampshire, and the BLS expects a 21 percent increase in employment between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In New Hampshire
|New Hampshire Technical Institute||Concord, NH||https://www.nhti.edu|