Are you interested in becoming a dental care assistant? According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, this career is expected to increase by 25 percent over the next decade, meaning that job opportunities will abound. Read on for more information about dental care assistant schools in Nevada. The American Dental Association is the primary resource to find colleges and universities that offer accredited dental assisting programs. While dental care assistants are not required to be trained, licensed, or certified in the state of Nevada, completing an accredited program can increase your chances of getting a job. The American Dental Association website at www.ada.org is the best place to find up-to-date information about accredited dental care assistant schools in Nevada.
Dental Hygiene Education in NevadaThere are two main options for students pursuing a dental care assistant education in Nevada. A certificate of achievement is offered for students who complete a two-semester, full-time program, while the certificate plus an associate's degree is awarded to students who complete a ten-month, full time program. More information about curriculum and requirements is available from the colleges themselves, listed below. Programs focus on lab procedures, taking dental radiographs, preparing necessary dental exam materials, and assisting the dentist with exams. In addition to course work, Nevada dental care assistant education also has a clinical component.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in NevadaAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Nevada is in the top tier of median salaries for dental care assistants, falling into the range of $37,380 - $43,480 annually. This is notably higher than the national average of $34,500 annually. The state currently employs between 1,360 and 3,440 dental assistants, most of whom work full time and many in private practices and other clinic locations.
Matching School Ads
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Nevada
|University of Nevada at Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine||Las Vegas, NV||http://dentalschool.unlv.edu/|
|Roseman University College of Dental Medicine||Henderson, NV||www.roseman.edu|
|College of Southern Nevada||Henderson, NV||https://www.csn.edu|
|Truckee Meadows Community College||Reno, NV||http://www.tmcc.edu|