Dental Aid/Assistant Education in MissouriIndividuals can work as dental aid orassistants in Missouri without completing a formal training program. However, dental aid or assistants must complete an accredited dental care assistant program approved by the Missouri Dental Board if they wish to assist a dentist with administering and monitoring nitrous oxide analgesia. They must also have a permit from the board. Students must also have a permit to perform expanded dental functions; students must have completed training and be certified in expanded functions.
Dental aid or assistant training programs offer a curriculum of laboratory classes, lectures and a lot of clinical education so the student can gain chair-side experience assisting the dentist in procedures. Dental care assistant education usually takes from 1 to 2 years to complete. Completing the dental aid or assistant program qualifies the student to take the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. exam to earn the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) credential.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants MissouriDental care assistants in Missouri earned a mean annual wage of $33,790, according to a May 2012 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. This is slightly less than the $35,080 that was earned by dental aid or assistants across the nation. During that time, there were 4,970 dental care assistants working in Missouri.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Missouri
|University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Dentistry||Kansas City, MO||www.umkc.edu|
|Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health at A.T. Still University||Kirksville, MO||www.atsu.edu|
|Missouri College||Brentwood, MO||http://www.missouricollege.edu|
|Linn State Technical College||Linn, MO||https://www.statetechmo.edu|
|Metropolitan State Community College||Kansas City, MO||http://www.metrostate.edu|
|Ozarks Technical Community College||Springfield, MO||http://www.otc.edu|
|St. Louis Community College||St. Louis, MO||http://www.stlcc.edu|