Dental Assistant Schools in MississippiEach of the schools previously mentioned provides a certificate program in dental assisting. Hinds also has an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting for people who want a more advanced level of training. Instead of the one year that it takes to complete the certificate program, the A.A.S. degree requires two years. Core courses cover subject areas such as oral anatomy; pharmacology and medical emergencies; dental radiography; dental office management; coronal polishing; and sealant, fluoride, and topical anesthetics application. The A.A.S. degree is buttressed by general educational requirements that are meant to sharpen the skills of the aspiring dental care assistant even further. The courses include English composition, public speaking, mathematics, microcomputer applications, and humanities or fine arts electives. After graduation, students are eligible to sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam, thus increasing their chances for employment in dental offices or clinics.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL ASSISTANTS IN MISSISSIPPIThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that dental care assistants in Mississippi make an annual mean wage of $29,710, which is translated into $14.28 per hour. It is slightly above that of states like South Dakota, but is far less than the national mean wage for the field — at $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). However, dental care assistants at Jackson tend to make more than the state average, with a yearly mean wage of $32,470. About 2,690 dental assistants live in Mississippi. The BLS expects that number to increase by 18 percent between 2010 and 2020.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is a year-round school providing vocational training in skilled trades and allied health career fields where job growth is expected.
- Dental Assisting (9 Months)
- Medical Assisting (9 Months)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physical Therapy
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Mississippi
|University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry||Jackson, MS||www.umc.edu|
|Pearl River Community College||Poplarville, MS||http://www.prcc.edu|
|Hinds Community College||Raymond, MS||http://www.hindscc.edu|
|Meridian Community College||Meridian, MS||http://www.mcc.cc.ms.us|