Are you ready to join one of the hottest job fields in the world? As a dental assistant, you will work with patients and help them feel confident with the dentist, but you’ll also work with the dentist to make his or her life a little easier. Dental assistants often work with molds and x-rays, make impressions and do other simple and advanced tasks in the office. Finding an accredited school is the first step you need to take before working in the field.
Dental Assistant Schools in MinnesotaWhile the dental field does have a number of entry level positions available, those positions still require some form of education. Some students complete degrees that they can use to work as dental hygienists, while other students stick to certification programs. The type of program you choose depends on how much you want to make after graduation and whether you prefer working more with patients or doctors. Both certificate and degree programs offer a combination of classroom training and practical experience working in the field.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in MinnesotaDespite being a large state, Minnesota is relatively small in terms of its overall population. When you live near the St. Paul-Minneapolis area, you need to make more than you would if you lived in the rural communities in the northern part of the state. Minnesota dental assistants reportedly earn close to $20 an hour. Depending on where you work, you might earn a flat salary and not an hourly rate, which would put your annual earnings at around $41,000 a year. While you can earn more after you work in the field for a few years, you can also earn more when you live and work in the St. Paul-Minneapolis area.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Minnesota
|University of Minnesota School of Dentistry||Minneapolis, MN||www.dentistry.umn.edu|
|Central Lakes College||Brainerd, MN||http://www.clcmn.edu|
|Dakota County Technical College||Rosemount, MN||http://www.dctc.edu|
|Century College||St Paul, MN||https://www.century.edu|
|Minneapolis Community & Technical College||Minneapolis, MN||http://www.minneapolis.edu|
|Hibbing Community College||Hibbing, MN||http://hibbing.edu|
|Minnesota West Community & Technical College||Worthington, MN||http://www.mnwest.edu|
|Minnesota State Community & Technical College||Fergus Falls, MN||http://www.minnesota.edu/|
|St. Cloud Technical College||St Cloud, MN||http://www.sctcc.edu|
|South Central Technical College||North Mankato, MN||http://www.southcentral.edu|
|Hennepin Technical College||Brooklyn Park, MN||https://www.hennepintech.edu|