Dental Assistant Schools in MiamiLindsey Hopkins and Robert Morgan provide a Certificate program in Dental Assisting. Admission requirements include graduation with a high school diploma or GED; passing a physical assessment; and proven proficiency in mathematics, reading, and language. The schools split their curricula into three OCP levels: Basic Health Care Worker, Dental Sterile Technician, and Dental Care Assistant. Students get a certificate for each level, which are designated as OCP A, OCP B, and OCP C, respectively. At Lindsay Hopkins in particular, there are two tracks for the dental care assistant program: the regular track and the “teach-out” option, which offers three units of the OCP C classes, instead of two. Robert Morgan also has three Dental Assisting Classes. Each track or program adds up to 1,230 hours, and it can be completed in 10 months with full-time study. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistant Schools in MiamiAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the Miami metropolitan area had an annual mean wage of $28,040 in 2012. By comparison, the figures for dental aid or assistants in Florida and the United States are $33,890 ($16.29 per hour) and $35,080 ($16.86 per hour), respectively. That year, there were 2,320 dental care assistants in the Miami metro area, which comprised 15 percent of the dental care assistant population in the state. The BLS expects the number of dental care assistants in Florida to grow to 19,260, a 25 percent increase, between 2010 and 2020.
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Miami
|Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center||Miami, FL||http://lindsey.dadeschools.net|
|Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine||Miami, FL||http://hs.robertmorganeducenter.org|