Dental Assistant Schools in MiamiLindsey Hopkins and Robert Morgan provide a Certificate program in Dental Assisting. Admission requirements include graduation with a high school diploma or GED; passing a physical assessment; and proven proficiency in mathematics, reading, and language. The schools split their curricula into three OCP levels: Basic Health Care Worker, Dental Sterile Technician, and Dental Care Assistant. Students get a certificate for each level, which are designated as OCP A, OCP B, and OCP C, respectively. At Lindsay Hopkins in particular, there are two tracks for the dental care assistant program: the regular track and the "teach-out" option, which offers three units of the OCP C classes, instead of two. Robert Morgan also has three Dental Assisting Classes. Each track or program adds up to 1,230 hours, and it can be completed in 10 months with full-time study. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistant Schools in MiamiAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the Miami metropolitan area had an annual mean wage of $28,040 in 2012. By comparison, the figures for dental aid or assistants in Florida and the United States are $33,890 ($16.29 per hour) and $35,080 ($16.86 per hour), respectively. That year, there were 2,320 dental care assistants in the Miami metro area, which comprised 15 percent of the dental care assistant population in the state. The BLS expects the number of dental care assistants in Florida to grow to 19,260, a 25 percent increase, between 2010 and 2020.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Miami
|Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center||Miami, FL||http://lindsey.dadeschools.net|
|Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine||Miami, FL||http://hs.robertmorganeducenter.org|