In Maryland, there are three dental hygiene schools that stand out: Baltimore City Community College, Alleghany College of Maryland, and University of Maryland Dental School. However, there are definitely more programs available that offer courses that are equivalent to those taught in the schools mentioned. Ensuring the programs are accredited is the first step, but one must also look at the types of courses taught and how rigorous the programs are.
Certification in this field is vital to a career in dental hygiene, as most employers require not only certification but proper training. For a better chance at finding employment as a dental hygienist after completing the program, look for schools that offer hands-on experience, internships, and other similar options.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in MarylandThe salary for a dental care assistant in Maryland is above the national average regardless of the city one works in. On average, according to Indeed.com, a dental care assistant in Maryland earns approximately $55,000 per year, though this may be on the high end. Typically, in areas such as Bethesda, Baltimore, and Potomac, the median salary for a dental care assistant is approximately $36,000 per year, according to Salary.com, which is still higher than the national average. It is important to note that some dental offices pay higher salaries than others in these same cities so a thorough job search will be able to yield numerous options that meet salary expectations.
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Dental Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assisting
CTU Classes Are As Close As The Mobile App.
Take classes with the help of your smartphone, tablet or laptop. CTU’s online bachelor’s programs were ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maryland
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, Maryland,||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|Fortis College||Towson, MD||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Penn Foster Career School||Scranton, PA||http://www.pennfoster.edu|
|Harris School||Harrisburg, PA||http://www.hbgsd.k12.pa.us|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|