In Maryland, there are three dental hygiene schools that stand out: Baltimore City Community College, Alleghany College of Maryland, and University of Maryland Dental School. However, there are definitely more programs available that offer courses that are equivalent to those taught in the schools mentioned. Ensuring the programs are accredited is the first step, but one must also look at the types of courses taught and how rigorous the programs are.
Certification in this field is vital to a career in dental hygiene, as most employers require not only certification but proper training. For a better chance at finding employment as a dental hygienist after completing the program, look for schools that offer hands-on experience, internships, and other similar options.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in MarylandThe salary for a dental care assistant in Maryland is above the national average regardless of the city one works in. On average, according to Indeed.com, a dental care assistant in Maryland earns approximately $55,000 per year, though this may be on the high end. Typically, in areas such as Bethesda, Baltimore, and Potomac, the median salary for a dental care assistant is approximately $36,000 per year, according to Salary.com, which is still higher than the national average. It is important to note that some dental offices pay higher salaries than others in these same cities so a thorough job search will be able to yield numerous options that meet salary expectations.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
Advance your career at Dawn Career Institute. Gain the specialized knowledge and skills to help prepare you for a new career quickly and conveniently.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maryland
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, Maryland,||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|Fortis College||Towson, MD||https://www.fortis.edu|
|Penn Foster Career School||Scranton, PA||http://www.pennfoster.edu|
|Harris School||Harrisburg, PA||http://www.hbgsd.k12.pa.us|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|