If you’ve been researching career options, you may have decided that you want to become a dental care assistant. People from all over the state of Maine decide on this career path for many reasons. Thankfully, it’s fairly easy to find information about dental schools in the area by doing a little research.
When looking for a school with a good dental program, specifically research whether each school is accredited. A program that’s affiliated with a public college system is much more likely to be accredited than an independent program. Keep in mind that there can be good dental schools not associated with a college system, though, so don’t be afraid to contact representatives for any program that interests you.
Dental Hygiene Education in MaineAfter finding out whether a degree or certification program is accredited, find out what kind of training you will receive. Your classes should prepare you for examinations to become a Certified Dental Assistant or Expanded Functions Dental Assistant. Also decide whether you want a certificate or a degree for your studies. Many schools offer one-year certificates, associate’s degrees, and bachelor’s degrees. It will cost more and take longer to get a more advanced degree, but you’ll be prepared for both dental care assistant jobs and jobs with more responsibility.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in MaineMaine has over 1,000 dental care assistants working in the state, and the average employee earns around $17 per hour, or $35,000 per year. This is slightly above average compared to other states. Pay can go up with additional training.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Harris School of Business offers career-focused education that gives you the skills you need to make the leap into your new career.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maine
|University of New England College of Dental Medicine||Biddeford, Maine|