When looking for a school with a good dental program, specifically research whether each school is accredited. A program that’s affiliated with a public college system is much more likely to be accredited than an independent program. Keep in mind that there can be good dental schools not associated with a college system, though, so don’t be afraid to contact representatives for any program that interests you.
Dental Hygiene Education in MaineAfter finding out whether a degree or certification program is accredited, find out what kind of training you will receive. Your classes should prepare you for examinations to become a Certified Dental Assistant or Expanded Functions Dental Assistant. Also decide whether you want a certificate or a degree for your studies. Many schools offer one-year certificates, associate’s degrees, and bachelor’s degrees. It will cost more and take longer to get a more advanced degree, but you’ll be prepared for both dental care assistant jobs and jobs with more responsibility.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in MaineMaine has over 1,000 dental care assistants working in the state, and the average employee earns around $17 per hour, or $35,000 per year. This is slightly above average compared to other states. Pay can go up with additional training.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Maine
|University of New England College of Dental Medicine||Biddeford, Maine|