Kansas, one of the United States in the Midwest, has four schools with accredited dental care assistant programs. All are community or technical colleges; they are Flint Hills Technical College in Emporia, Labette Community College in Parsons, Salina Area Technical College in Salina, and Wichita Area Technical College in Wichita. All dental care assistant programs are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Dental Assistant Schools in KansasEach of the aforementioned educational institutions has at least a certificate or diploma program in dental assisting. Depending on which school, the certificate or diploma can be earned in one semester or within a year. Core courses are typically in subject areas like dental radiography, dental materials, office management, and oral anatomy. The exception of the four schools is Wichita Area Technical College. In addition to a Technical Certificate (TC) and Certificate of Completion (COC), the school provides an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree program. While the TC is for entry-level or aspiring dental care assistants, the COC is geared towards graduates of an accredited dental care assistant program with CDA (Certified Dental Assistant) certification and 6 months of experience. The two-year A.A.S. degree is the highest level of training in the dental assistant field. The associate degree has additional courses in subjects like human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, public speaking, English composition, and computing.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL ASSISTANTS IN KANSASThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that the annual mean salary of dental care assistants in Kansas was $31,650, which comes up as $15.22 per hour; the annual mean salary for dental care assistants nationwide is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). The number of dental care assistants in Kansas was 3,000 in 2010, according to the BLS. The agency expects that number to jump to 3,860–a 29 percent increase–between 2010 and 2020. By comparison, the nationwide number is expected to grow by 25 percent.
Matching School Ads
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Kansas
|Flint Hills Technical College||Emporia, KS||https://www.fhtc.edu|
|Labette Community College||Parsons, KS||http://www.labette.edu|
|Salina Area Technical College||Salina, KS||http://www.salinatech.edu|
|Wichita Area Technical College||Wichita, KS||http://watc.edu|