Dental Aid/Assistant Education in IowaTo be a dental care aid in Iowa, you need to be registered with the board, which requires meeting specific requirements.
• Be at least 17 years old
• Have at least six months experience working as a dental care assistant or have completed an accredited dental care assistant program
• Have CPR certification
• Complete board-approved training on infection control, hazardous materials and jurisprudence and pass exams on these areas of study
To work with x-ray equipment, the dental care assistant must complete an approved dental radiography program and pass the dental radiography national exam. Graduates of accredited dental care assistant programs can take the certification exam authorized by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Dental care assistant training programs include dental courses, dental lab classes and lectures. A major part of the training is the clinical education where students rotate through dental clinics or hospitals.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in IowaIowa dental care assistants experience a wide range of salaries based on their location. Some of the lower annual wages were in Dubuque and Sioux City, where dental assistants earned median annual wages of $27,705 and $26,511, respectively. In Sioux City, those in the lowest 10% earned $20,351, while Dubuque dental care assistants in the top 90% earned $33,849. Some of the best wages in the state were earned in the state’s capital of Des Moines, where its dental care assistants earned an average of $32,009.
Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is a year-round school providing vocational training in skilled trades and allied health career fields where job growth is expected.
- Dental Assisting (9 Months)
- Medical Assisting (9 Months)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Iowa
|University of Iowa College of Dentistry||Iowa City, IA||dentistry.uiowa.edu|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Des Moines, IA||https://www.dmacc.edu|
|Scott Community College||Bettendorf, IA||http://www.eicc.edu|
|Kirkwood Community College||Cedar Rapids, IA||http://www.kirkwood.edu|
|Iowa Western Community College||Council Bluffs, IA||http://www.iwcc.edu|
|Indian Hills Community College||Ottumwa, IA||http://www.indianhills.edu|