Dental Assisting Schools in IndianaDental hygiene and dental assisting are two similar fields that are actually quite different. You can work as a dental care assistant after finishing a certification program and passing a test from the Dental Assisting National Board. If you want to work as a hygienist, you need an Associate's degree. Most students complete their degrees in two years or less, but other students work on the degree on a part-time basis, which increases the amount of time they spend in school. You should look for a school that lets you take classes around your work or home schedule and schools that have accreditation.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in IndianaIndiana is one of several Midwestern states with a high number of dental care assistants. Those assistants seek work in larger cities and smaller towns, including Bloomington, Indianapolis and Gary. When you live in Indianapolis or a larger city, you might notice that you make more than those living in smaller areas in the southern half of the state. The median salary of all dental care assistants in Indiana is around $16.50 an hour or over $34,000 a year. Those working for dental chains, which let patients easily shift their information to a new facility, often make a little less than those who work for a private office do.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Indiana
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||www.iusd.iupui.edu|
|Ivy Tech Community College||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.ivytech.edu|
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.dentistry.iu.edu|
|Indiana Dental Academy||Indianapolis, IN||http://indianadentalacademy.org|
|Dental Careers of Southern Indiana||Jeffersonville, IN||http://www.dentalcareersofsouthernindiana.com|
|Dental Careers Foundation||Indianapolis, IN||http://dcfofind.com|
|Everest College indiana||Merrillville, IN||http://www.everest.edu|
|Ross Medical Education Center||Granger, IN||https://www.rosseducation.edu|