Dental Assisting Schools in IndianaDental hygiene and dental assisting are two similar fields that are actually quite different. You can work as a dental care assistant after finishing a certification program and passing a test from the Dental Assisting National Board. If you want to work as a hygienist, you need an Associate’s degree. Most students complete their degrees in two years or less, but other students work on the degree on a part-time basis, which increases the amount of time they spend in school. You should look for a school that lets you take classes around your work or home schedule and schools that have accreditation.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in IndianaIndiana is one of several Midwestern states with a high number of dental care assistants. Those assistants seek work in larger cities and smaller towns, including Bloomington, Indianapolis and Gary. When you live in Indianapolis or a larger city, you might notice that you make more than those living in smaller areas in the southern half of the state. The median salary of all dental care assistants in Indiana is around $16.50 an hour or over $34,000 a year. Those working for dental chains, which let patients easily shift their information to a new facility, often make a little less than those who work for a private office do.
Matching School Ads
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Indiana
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||www.iusd.iupui.edu|
|Ivy Tech Community College||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.ivytech.edu|
|Indiana University School of Dentistry||Indianapolis, IN||https://www.dentistry.iu.edu|
|Indiana Dental Academy||Indianapolis, IN||http://indianadentalacademy.org|
|Dental Careers of Southern Indiana||Jeffersonville, IN||http://www.dentalcareersofsouthernindiana.com|
|Dental Careers Foundation||Indianapolis, IN||http://dcfofind.com|
|Everest College indiana||Merrillville, IN||http://www.everest.edu|
|Ross Medical Education Center||Granger, IN||https://www.rosseducation.edu|