Dental Assistant Schools in HoustonThe program at HCC Coleman consists of 36 credits, which are designed for completion in 12 months, spread out over three semesters (Summer, Fall, and Spring). Courses include Preventative Dentistry, Chairside Assisting, Dental Radiology, and Dental Science. Two externship units are included for giving students hands-on experience at onsite labs or local dental clinics. Students cannot take clinicals until they go through a drug screening, background check, and make sure their vaccinations (including the one for Hepatitis B) are current. Upon graduation, students will receive Certificates of Completion, making them eligible to sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. Also available is the Radiology Certificate Credential, or RDA, from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. Although optional, the RDA is necessary for dental assistants who administer x-rays, monitor the administration of nitrous oxide/oxygen inhalation conscious sedation, apply pit and fissure sealants, and perform coronal polishing.
Salaries for Dental aid/Assistant Education in HoustonAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the Houston-Sugarland-Baytown metropolitan area had an annual median wage of $33,320, or $16.04 per hour. This number surpasses the annual median wage of dental care assistants in the state, at $32,900 ($15.81 per hour); the national median was $34,500 ($16.59 per hour) in 2012. At 6,020, the Houston metro area had the fourth-highest employment level of dental aid or assistants in the nation, and comprised about 20 percent of the dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects a 27 percent increase in employment in Texas between 2010 and 2020.
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Houston
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|