Dental Assistant Schools in HoustonThe program at HCC Coleman consists of 36 credits, which are designed for completion in 12 months, spread out over three semesters (Summer, Fall, and Spring). Courses include Preventative Dentistry, Chairside Assisting, Dental Radiology, and Dental Science. Two externship units are included for giving students hands-on experience at onsite labs or local dental clinics. Students cannot take clinicals until they go through a drug screening, background check, and make sure their vaccinations (including the one for Hepatitis B) are current. Upon graduation, students will receive Certificates of Completion, making them eligible to sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. Also available is the Radiology Certificate Credential, or RDA, from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. Although optional, the RDA is necessary for dental assistants who administer x-rays, monitor the administration of nitrous oxide/oxygen inhalation conscious sedation, apply pit and fissure sealants, and perform coronal polishing.
Salaries for Dental aid/Assistant Education in HoustonAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in the Houston-Sugarland-Baytown metropolitan area had an annual median wage of $33,320, or $16.04 per hour. This number surpasses the annual median wage of dental care assistants in the state, at $32,900 ($15.81 per hour); the national median was $34,500 ($16.59 per hour) in 2012. At 6,020, the Houston metro area had the fourth-highest employment level of dental aid or assistants in the nation, and comprised about 20 percent of the dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects a 27 percent increase in employment in Texas between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Locations: Grand Prairie
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Houston
|University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry||Houston, Texas, USA||http://www.uth.edu/|
|PIMA Medical Institute||Houston, TX||http://pmi.edu|