Dental Assistant Schools in HawaiiUH Maui lists its dental care assistant training offering as one of its health-related certificate programs. The curriculum is divided into two semesters within an academic year. The classes cover subject areas such as dental office management, oral biology, chairside dental assisting, dental radiography, and dental materials. Overall the core subjects in UH Maui’s dental assisting program total 23 credits. Also required are two pre-requisites (in English and biology). By comparison, Heald College provides an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting, which can be completed in two years. Boasting of 99 credits, the program has a more elaborate body of general education requirements, with subject areas like anatomy and physiology, public speaking, algebra, psychology, and English composition. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with subject additions like biomedical sciences, pharmacology, office emergencies, coronal polishing, and pit and fissure sealants. Other additions are externships and seminars for more practical knowledge and a trio of classes for professional development.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN HAWAIIAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Hawaii had an annual mean wage of $32,740 ($15.74 per hour) in 2012. Honolulu specifically had a yearly mean salary of $33,180, which was more than anywhere else in the island. By comparison, the annual mean wage of dental aid in the U.S. was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, there were 1,730 dental aid in Hawaii, with 1,120 of those in Honolulu alone. The BLS expects a 10 percent growth in job opportunities for the dental assisting field in Hawaii between 2010 and 2020.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
More Dental Aid/Assistant Schools In Hawaii
|Heald College's Honolulu Campus||Honolulu, HI||http://www.cci.edu|
|University of Hawaii Maui College||Kahului, HI||http://maui.hawaii.edu|