Dental Assistant Schools in HawaiiUH Maui lists its dental care assistant training offering as one of its health-related certificate programs. The curriculum is divided into two semesters within an academic year. The classes cover subject areas such as dental office management, oral biology, chairside dental assisting, dental radiography, and dental materials. Overall the core subjects in UH Maui's dental assisting program total 23 credits. Also required are two pre-requisites (in English and biology). By comparison, Heald College provides an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting, which can be completed in two years. Boasting of 99 credits, the program has a more elaborate body of general education requirements, with subject areas like anatomy and physiology, public speaking, algebra, psychology, and English composition. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with subject additions like biomedical sciences, pharmacology, office emergencies, coronal polishing, and pit and fissure sealants. Other additions are externships and seminars for more practical knowledge and a trio of classes for professional development.
SALARIES FOR DENTAL AID/ASSISTANTS IN HAWAIIAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Hawaii had an annual mean wage of $32,740 ($15.74 per hour) in 2012. Honolulu specifically had a yearly mean salary of $33,180, which was more than anywhere else in the island. By comparison, the annual mean wage of dental aid in the U.S. was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2010, there were 1,730 dental aid in Hawaii, with 1,120 of those in Honolulu alone. The BLS expects a 10 percent growth in job opportunities for the dental assisting field in Hawaii between 2010 and 2020.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Aid/Assistant Schools In Hawaii
|Heald College's Honolulu Campus||Honolulu, HI||http://www.cci.edu|
|University of Hawaii Maui College||Kahului, HI||http://maui.hawaii.edu|