Finding a dental care assistant school can be a task with so many available. Most important is finding an accredited school. Accreditation is looked upon as the measure of a high-quality school, but it may also be needed if you want to become certified. The Certified Dental Care Assistant credential, which can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., can give your resume and earning potential a real boost. According to the American Dental Association, there are about a dozen accredited dental aid schools in Georgia.
Dental Assistant Education in GeorgiaThere are no specific education or training requirements for dental care assistants in Georgia. However, those who will be working with dental x-ray equipment and doing dental x-rays must complete at least six hours of x-ray-related training, such as the DANB RHS review course. Additional training is also required for dental aid who will be performing phlebotomy and venipuncture procedures.
Even though it’s not required, you may still want to complete dental aid training program. Dental training programs, which can result in diplomas or degrees, offer a curriculum of theory-based courses, lab classes and clinical education in the form of chairside experiences. They also have specific admission requirements.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in GeorgiaAccording to a Salary.com in February, 2014, dental care assistants in Georgia earned annual average wages below the national average, although they varied from city to city. Dental care assistants in Albany earned $26,950, while those working in Atlanta and Savannah earned $33,460 and $ 29,614 respectively. Choosing the right dental care assistant program can be a touch choice. However, knowing what’s available can help narrow down your choice and find the best choice for you. Listed below are some of the dental aid programs found in Georgia.
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Georgia
|Georgia Regents University College of Dental Medicine||Augusta, GA||http://gru.edu|
|Albany Technical College||Albany, GA||http://www.albanytech.edu|
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, GA||http://www.columbustech.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville, GA||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Savannah Technical College||Savannah, GA||http://www.savannahtech.edu|
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||Valdosta, GA||http://www.wiregrass.edu|