Finding a dental care assistant school can be a task with so many available. Most important is finding an accredited school. Accreditation is looked upon as the measure of a high-quality school, but it may also be needed if you want to become certified. The Certified Dental Care Assistant credential, which can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., can give your resume and earning potential a real boost. According to the American Dental Association, there are about a dozen accredited dental aid schools in Georgia.
Dental Assistant Education in GeorgiaThere are no specific education or training requirements for dental care assistants in Georgia. However, those who will be working with dental x-ray equipment and doing dental x-rays must complete at least six hours of x-ray-related training, such as the DANB RHS review course. Additional training is also required for dental aid who will be performing phlebotomy and venipuncture procedures.
Even though it’s not required, you may still want to complete dental aid training program. Dental training programs, which can result in diplomas or degrees, offer a curriculum of theory-based courses, lab classes and clinical education in the form of chairside experiences. They also have specific admission requirements.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in GeorgiaAccording to a Salary.com in February, 2014, dental care assistants in Georgia earned annual average wages below the national average, although they varied from city to city. Dental care assistants in Albany earned $26,950, while those working in Atlanta and Savannah earned $33,460 and $ 29,614 respectively. Choosing the right dental care assistant program can be a touch choice. However, knowing what’s available can help narrow down your choice and find the best choice for you. Listed below are some of the dental aid programs found in Georgia.
- Keiser University | Your Education, Your Schedule? Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser Univ.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte College!
- Massage Therapy
- Esthetics Technology
- Business Administration
- Allied Health Management
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Veterinary Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Criminal Justice
- IT Support Specialist
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Georgia
|Georgia Regents University College of Dental Medicine||Augusta, GA||http://gru.edu|
|Albany Technical College||Albany, GA||http://www.albanytech.edu|
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, GA||http://www.columbustech.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville, GA||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Savannah Technical College||Savannah, GA||http://www.savannahtech.edu|
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||Valdosta, GA||http://www.wiregrass.edu|