Finding a dental care assistant school can be a task with so many available. Most important is finding an accredited school. Accreditation is looked upon as the measure of a high-quality school, but it may also be needed if you want to become certified. The Certified Dental Care Assistant credential, which can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., can give your resume and earning potential a real boost. According to the American Dental Association, there are about a dozen accredited dental aid schools in Georgia.
Dental Assistant Education in GeorgiaThere are no specific education or training requirements for dental care assistants in Georgia. However, those who will be working with dental x-ray equipment and doing dental x-rays must complete at least six hours of x-ray-related training, such as the DANB RHS review course. Additional training is also required for dental aid who will be performing phlebotomy and venipuncture procedures.
Even though it’s not required, you may still want to complete dental aid training program. Dental training programs, which can result in diplomas or degrees, offer a curriculum of theory-based courses, lab classes and clinical education in the form of chairside experiences. They also have specific admission requirements.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in GeorgiaAccording to a Salary.com in February, 2014, dental care assistants in Georgia earned annual average wages below the national average, although they varied from city to city. Dental care assistants in Albany earned $26,950, while those working in Atlanta and Savannah earned $33,460 and $ 29,614 respectively. Choosing the right dental care assistant program can be a touch choice. However, knowing what’s available can help narrow down your choice and find the best choice for you. Listed below are some of the dental aid programs found in Georgia.
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Georgia
|Georgia Regents University College of Dental Medicine||Augusta, GA||http://gru.edu|
|Albany Technical College||Albany, GA||http://www.albanytech.edu|
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
|Columbus Technical College||Columbus, GA||http://www.columbustech.edu|
|Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville, GA||http://www.gwinnetttech.edu|
|Savannah Technical College||Savannah, GA||http://www.savannahtech.edu|
|Wiregrass Georgia Technical College||Valdosta, GA||http://www.wiregrass.edu|