Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in ClevelandAccording to EducationNews.org, in the state of Ohio there are currently 7,640 individuals employed in the dental hygiene field, with 1,600 of them in the city of Cleveland. A 90 percent growth was reported from 2006 to 2010 and that trend seems to be continuing even now, with more employers looking for help in this area. Moreover, a 21 percent increase in the number of employees is set for 2016, making gaining education even more important. In order to obtain one of these highly sought-after positions within the dental hygiene field, you need at least an associate’s degree in addition to hands-on training and certification within a specific area of study.
With several high quality schools that are accredited found right in Cleveland, obtaining the right credentials is not difficult. The competition is not as fierce as in other areas, which offers anyone looking to attend a dental hygiene program an advantage. In fact, 227 individuals graduated, with 237 having obtained certificates and 16 having obtained an associate’s degree.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ClevelandBeing a dental care assistant can be a rewarding endeavor, both emotionally and financially. Indeed.com states that the average salary of a dental care assistant in Cleveland is $47,000, roughly 14 percent lower than the average for other cities, though still quite good. Salary.com posts a median of $34,269 with the lowest 10 percent earning $26,306. Of course, salaries vary widely depending on a number of factors including job experience and individual employers.
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Cleaveland
|Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine||Cleveland, OH||dental.case.edu|