Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteCentral Piedmont offers its Dental Assisting Diploma through its Health Sciences division. Consisting of 47 credits, the program’s curriculum is split into three semesters: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Thus, students can complete the program within a year. Fourteen of the 47 credits are taken in the fall semester; courses cover the following subject areas: orofacial anatomy, pre-clinical procedures, infection and hazard control, and dental radiography. The spring semester comprises the bulk of the curriculum, with 17 credits. In addition to the first unit of clinical practice for acquiring hands-on experience, students would take classes in dental materials, dental science, dental health education, and practice or office management. The summer semester is virtually reserved for the second and last clinical practice class. Also required are 11 credits worth of courses in biology, English, and communications. Upon completion of the program, students are awarded the Diploma in Dental Assisting, making them eligible to take the Dental Assisting National Board Examination to become Certified Dental Assistants.
Salaries for Dental Assistant Schools in CharlotteAs part of the Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill metropolitan area, the city of Charlotte yielded an annual mean wage of $39,110 for its dental care assistants, according to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This beats the numbers for dental care assistants in the state of North Carolina, at $37,280 ($17.92 per hour), as well as those of the country, at $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). In 2012, there were 1,560 dental assistants in the Charlotte metro area, comprising almost 20 percent of dental care assistants in the state. The BLS expects the state numbers for the dental care assistant field to grow by 24 percent between 2010 and 2020, virtually keeping in pace with the national job growth rate for the same field.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physical Therapy
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Charlotte
|Central Piedmont Community College||Charlotte, NC||http://www.cpcc.edu|