Dental Assistant Schools in BaltimoreFor admission, aspiring dental care assistants need at least a high school diploma or GED; the minimum age for admission is 16. At All-State, students can wrap up dental care assistant training in 48 weeks, with choices between full-time day and part-time evening schedules. Fortis, by comparison, requires 40 weeks of full-time training in the daytime. Total clock hours are 1,035 for All-State and 1,030 for Fortis. Regardless of the school of choice, aspiring dental assistants will perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties to gain valuable hands-on experience. Courses cover subject areas such as oral anatomy, dental radiology, dental office management, dental materials, and dental specialties. Students graduate with a professional certificate in Dental Assisting. After graduation, students can sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam or the Maryland General and Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, which are administered by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Salaries for DentaL Aid/Assistant Schools in BaltimoreAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson area had an annual mean wage of $36,660 in 2012. States-wide, the wages are virtually in line with the annual median wage of $37,000, which is $2,500 more than the national median. There were 2,750 dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson region, a number that comprises 55 percent of the Maryland professionals in the same field. The BLS expects the number of dental assistants in Maryland to grow by 23 percent between 2010 and 2020.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Baltimore
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, MD||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|