Dental Assistant Schools in BaltimoreFor admission, aspiring dental care assistants need at least a high school diploma or GED; the minimum age for admission is 16. At All-State, students can wrap up dental care assistant training in 48 weeks, with choices between full-time day and part-time evening schedules. Fortis, by comparison, requires 40 weeks of full-time training in the daytime. Total clock hours are 1,035 for All-State and 1,030 for Fortis. Regardless of the school of choice, aspiring dental assistants will perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties to gain valuable hands-on experience. Courses cover subject areas such as oral anatomy, dental radiology, dental office management, dental materials, and dental specialties. Students graduate with a professional certificate in Dental Assisting. After graduation, students can sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam or the Maryland General and Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, which are administered by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Salaries for DentaL Aid/Assistant Schools in BaltimoreAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson area had an annual mean wage of $36,660 in 2012. States-wide, the wages are virtually in line with the annual median wage of $37,000, which is $2,500 more than the national median. There were 2,750 dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson region, a number that comprises 55 percent of the Maryland professionals in the same field. The BLS expects the number of dental assistants in Maryland to grow by 23 percent between 2010 and 2020.
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Office Assisting
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Baltimore
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, MD||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|