Dental Assistant Schools in AtlantaAtlanta Tech offers two tracks of dental care assistant training. Consisting of 330 hours of class time, the Basic Dental Assisting certificate program can be completed in one semester. It consists of four courses: Introduction to Healthcare, Microbiology and Infection Control, Dental Biology, and Dental Assisting I: General Chairside; they add up to 16 credits. The longer and more sophisticated Dental Assisting diploma program has a curriculum of 56 credits, which can be completed in 1,260 contact hours. Added to the curriculum are general education requirements in English, mathematics, and psychology. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with courses like Introduction to Computers, Preventative Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Therapeutics, Dental Practice Management, and Dental Assisting II: Dental Spec & EFDA. Also included are three units of the Dental Practicum course, intended to place students in laboratories or clinics for simulation of the workplace experience. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistant Schools in AtlantaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that dental care assistants in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan area make an annual mean salary of $37,100. This is higher than the state's annual mean salary of $34,820 for dental aid or assistants. The number of dental aid or assistants in the Atlanta metro area come up to around 5,120, according to the BLS -- that's 58 percent of the number of people in that profession for the entire state. The agency expects a 28 percent increase in job growth for dental assisting in Georgia between 2010 and 2020.
Matching School Ads
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|