Dental Assistant Schools in AtlantaAtlanta Tech offers two tracks of dental care assistant training. Consisting of 330 hours of class time, the Basic Dental Assisting certificate program can be completed in one semester. It consists of four courses: Introduction to Healthcare, Microbiology and Infection Control, Dental Biology, and Dental Assisting I: General Chairside; they add up to 16 credits. The longer and more sophisticated Dental Assisting diploma program has a curriculum of 56 credits, which can be completed in 1,260 contact hours. Added to the curriculum are general education requirements in English, mathematics, and psychology. The collection of core courses are also beefed up, with courses like Introduction to Computers, Preventative Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Therapeutics, Dental Practice Management, and Dental Assisting II: Dental Spec & EFDA. Also included are three units of the Dental Practicum course, intended to place students in laboratories or clinics for simulation of the workplace experience. After graduation, students can sit for the CDA exam.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistant Schools in AtlantaThe U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that dental care assistants in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan area make an annual mean salary of $37,100. This is higher than the state’s annual mean salary of $34,820 for dental aid or assistants. The number of dental aid or assistants in the Atlanta metro area come up to around 5,120, according to the BLS — that’s 58 percent of the number of people in that profession for the entire state. The agency expects a 28 percent increase in job growth for dental assisting in Georgia between 2010 and 2020.
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|