Dental Hygiene Education in ArkansasStudents in a dental care assistant program learn various tasks and skills for working in various roles within a dental office or practice, such as front desk administration, chair assistance, preparation, and radiography. In Arkansas, students in dental assisting programs will complete courses such as first aid, anatomy, medical terminology, fundamentals of dentistry, dental pharmacology, dental office administration, dental radiography, dental equipment basics, and dental material care. Also, most programs include an externship to gain practical experience in the field.
The education for dental hygienists and assistants in Arkansas helps to prepare students for licensing requirements in the state as well. Some of the additional duties an assistant must be registered and licensed in order to complete include monitoring of nitrous oxide, radiography, and coronal polishing. For additional information on education requirements for licensing, visit the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners website at http://www.dentalboard.arkansas.gov/licensure/Pages/dentalAssistants.aspx.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in ArkansasAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States Department of Labor, dental care assistant positions are increasing at a faster than average rate. In the state of Arkansas, there are currently 2,480 positions around the state with the highest concentrations of jobs around the Little Rock area, and dental assistants earn approximately $28,590 annually. Visit the BLS website athttp://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319091.htm for additional information.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Arkansas
|Arkansas Northeastern College||Blytheville, AR||http://www.anc.edu|
|Pulaski Technical College||North Little Rock, AR||http://uafs.edu|
|University of Arkansas-Fort Smith||Fort Smith, AR||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|University of Arkansas-Little Rock||Little Rock, AR||http://ualr.edu|