Finding an accredited dental aid or assistant school is important for dental aid or assistants who wish to obtain certification as Certified Dental Assistants, which is offered through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. If the school isn’t accredited, the student won’t be eligible for certification until he or she has over 3,500 hours experience working as a dental aid or assistant. There are around six accredited dental aid or assistant schools in Alabama, as reported by both the National Center for Education Statistics and the American Dental Association.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in AlabamaDental aid assistant students complete coursework, participate in laboratory work and complete a supervised clinical experience at an approved dental facility to gain experience performing dental care assisting procedures. Once they’ve successfully completed an accredited program, they can sit for the national certification exam. Dental care assisting may be offered as a diploma, certificate or an associate degree program.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in AlabamaSalaries for dental assistants in Alabama vary throughout the state. In Mobile, the median annual wage for 2012 was $33,600, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average salary in Birmingham was $32,400, while Gadsden dental aid or assistants earned $29,100. During the same year, dental assistants earned $30,200 statewide and $34,500 nationwide.
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Alabama
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Birmingham, Alabama||http://www.dental.uab.edu|
|James H. Faulkner State Community College||Bay Minette, Alabama||http://www.faulknerstate.edu|
|Fortis College||Mobile, Alabama||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|Wallace State Community College||Hanceville, Alabama||http://www.wallacestate.edu|
|John C. Calhoun State Community College||Decatur, Alabama||http://www.calhoun.edu|
|Lawson State Community College||Bessemer, Alabama||http://www.lawsonstate.edu|
|H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College||Montgomery, Alabama||http://www.trenholmstate.edu|
View Larger Map