Finding an accredited dental aid or assistant school is important for dental aid or assistants who wish to obtain certification as Certified Dental Assistants, which is offered through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. If the school isn’t accredited, the student won’t be eligible for certification until he or she has over 3,500 hours experience working as a dental aid or assistant. There are around six accredited dental aid or assistant schools in Alabama, as reported by both the National Center for Education Statistics and the American Dental Association.
Dental Aid/Assistant Education in AlabamaDental aid assistant students complete coursework, participate in laboratory work and complete a supervised clinical experience at an approved dental facility to gain experience performing dental care assisting procedures. Once they've successfully completed an accredited program, they can sit for the national certification exam. Dental care assisting may be offered as a diploma, certificate or an associate degree program.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in AlabamaSalaries for dental assistants in Alabama vary throughout the state. In Mobile, the median annual wage for 2012 was $33,600, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The average salary in Birmingham was $32,400, while Gadsden dental aid or assistants earned $29,100. During the same year, dental assistants earned $30,200 statewide and $34,500 nationwide.
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- And more...
CTU could help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional community, faculty who are real-world professionals, and innovative technology. And several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Best Online Programs in 2017.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Alabama
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Birmingham, Alabama||http://www.dental.uab.edu|
|James H. Faulkner State Community College||Bay Minette, Alabama||http://www.faulknerstate.edu|
|Fortis College||Mobile, Alabama||https://www.fortis.edu/campuses/alabama|
|Wallace State Community College||Hanceville, Alabama||http://www.wallacestate.edu|
|John C. Calhoun State Community College||Decatur, Alabama||http://www.calhoun.edu|
|Lawson State Community College||Bessemer, Alabama||http://www.lawsonstate.edu|
|H. Councill Trenholm State Technical College||Montgomery, Alabama||http://www.trenholmstate.edu|
View Larger Map