Dental Assistant Schools in Virginia2 Both Germana and Northern Virginia Community College also offer dental hygiene degrees, along with half a dozen more Virginia colleges and universities. You can find these listed at the Virginia Dental Hygienists’ Association (VDHA) website. To be a licensed dental hygienist in the state, you need to complete either an associate or bachelor’s degree at one of these accredited schools. Some hygienists may also go on to complete post graduate degrees. Hygienists in the state are encouraged to join the VDHA, where they will find opportunities for professional networking and resources for continuing education.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in VirginiaThere’s a large variance in salaries for dental care assistants. According to salary.com, salaries for much of the state are below the national average, though dental assistants in northern Virginia, near the Washington, D.C. area, are likely to be paid higher than the national average. The median salary for a dental care assistant in Richmond, Virginia’s capital city, is over $33,000, but that’s almost $2,000 less than the median salary in northern Virginia, where the cost of living is significantly higher.
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Virginia
|Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry||Richmond, Virginia, United States||dentistry.vcu.edu|