Dental assistants work directly with patients and dentists. They provide services that help patients feel comfortable and take some of the stress off the doctors. Finding an accredited dental care assistant school is one of the most important steps that you’ll take in your training. The classes should offer a degree at the end that gives you the chance to work in the state of California and in other states. If the school is not accredited, you might find yourself facing some problems finding a job, and some students even need to spend more to finish an accredited program.
Dental Assistant Schools in Sacramento CaliforniaA dental hygiene education program can take as little as 10 weeks or as long as two years. Assistants typically perform fewer tasks at work than dental hygienists do, but if you want to broaden your employment options, you might take a longer program that lets you work as a hygienist later. Many of the dental care assistant programs in Sacramento take place at night and on weekends, which lets you work a full-time job as you finish your certification.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in Sacramento, CaliforniaMore than 300,000 people in the United States work as dental care assistants, and those employees report making a median hourly wage of around $16.50. This equals out to an annual wage of more than $34,000. In Sacramento, the median yearly salary for dental care assistants is $35,450, but some workers make more than $40,000 a year. This higher wage compensates for the fact that the cost of living in California is higher than the cost of living in other states. Most students start out making around $27,000 a year when they complete their degrees.
Matching School Ads
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Blake Austin College, located in Vacaville, CA, can help you get the skills you need to reach your career potential. Choose from a variety of business and medical programs.
- Dental Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In California
|Loma Linda University School of Dentistry||Loma Linda, CA||llu.edu/dentistry|
|University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry||Los Angeles, CA||http://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/|
|University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry||San Francisco, CA||UCSF.edu|
|University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry||San Francisco, CA||http://dental.pacific.edu/|
|The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC||Los Angeles, CA||http://dentistry.usc.edu/|
|Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine||Pomona, CA||westernu.edu|