Dental Aid/Assistant Education in MissouriIndividuals can work as dental aid orassistants in Missouri without completing a formal training program. However, dental aid or assistants must complete an accredited dental care assistant program approved by the Missouri Dental Board if they wish to assist a dentist with administering and monitoring nitrous oxide analgesia. They must also have a permit from the board. Students must also have a permit to perform expanded dental functions; students must have completed training and be certified in expanded functions.
Dental aid or assistant training programs offer a curriculum of laboratory classes, lectures and a lot of clinical education so the student can gain chair-side experience assisting the dentist in procedures. Dental care assistant education usually takes from 1 to 2 years to complete. Completing the dental aid or assistant program qualifies the student to take the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. exam to earn the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) credential.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants MissouriDental care assistants in Missouri earned a mean annual wage of $33,790, according to a May 2012 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report. This is slightly less than the $35,080 that was earned by dental aid or assistants across the nation. During that time, there were 4,970 dental care assistants working in Missouri.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science - Pre-Physical Therapy
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Missouri
|University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Dentistry||Kansas City, MO||www.umkc.edu|
|Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health at A.T. Still University||Kirksville, MO||www.atsu.edu|
|Missouri College||Brentwood, MO||http://www.missouricollege.edu|
|Linn State Technical College||Linn, MO||https://www.statetechmo.edu|
|Metropolitan State Community College||Kansas City, MO||http://www.metrostate.edu|
|Ozarks Technical Community College||Springfield, MO||http://www.otc.edu|
|St. Louis Community College||St. Louis, MO||http://www.stlcc.edu|