- Graduation from a CODA-accredited dental assisting program with appropriate training and a degree
- Successfully complete a Florida Board-approved expanded duties training program including radiation technology.
CODA stands for the Commission on Dental Accreditation, a certification of the Dental Assisting National Board. The Florida Department of Education has a prescribed program structure that must be followed to meet the demands of preparation of a qualified Dental Care Assistant. Dental radiography (dental x-rays) and classes are included as a part of this curriculum.
Dental Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, FloridaSeveral colleges and training programs are offered in the Jacksonville area. These schools are:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville – accredited by CODA
- Florida Community College- accredited by CODA
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Jacksonville, FloridaExact salary information in an area is difficult to obtain; however, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics quoted the median pay for Dental Care Assistant as $34,500 per year or $16.59 per hour. As the population of the United States ages and more baby boomers retain their teeth, the job outlook until the year 2022 will increase by 25%.
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Jacksonville
|Florida State College at Jacksonville||Jacksonville, FL||http://www.fscj.edu|