- Graduation from a CODA-accredited dental assisting program with appropriate training and a degree
- Successfully complete a Florida Board-approved expanded duties training program including radiation technology.
CODA stands for the Commission on Dental Accreditation, a certification of the Dental Assisting National Board. The Florida Department of Education has a prescribed program structure that must be followed to meet the demands of preparation of a qualified Dental Care Assistant. Dental radiography (dental x-rays) and classes are included as a part of this curriculum.
Dental Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, FloridaSeveral colleges and training programs are offered in the Jacksonville area. These schools are:
- Florida State College at Jacksonville – accredited by CODA
- Florida Community College- accredited by CODA
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Jacksonville, FloridaExact salary information in an area is difficult to obtain; however, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics quoted the median pay for Dental Care Assistant as $34,500 per year or $16.59 per hour. As the population of the United States ages and more baby boomers retain their teeth, the job outlook until the year 2022 will increase by 25%.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Jacksonville
|Florida State College at Jacksonville||Jacksonville, FL||http://www.fscj.edu|