If you wish to work as a dental assistant, then you need the proper training. This career generally requires some formal training so you understand how to complete job duties properly. There are many Dallas dental assistant school options for you to consider. Most programs are short-term and take only a few months to finish. Once you choose your school, you can be well on your way to starting your new career.
Dental Assistant Status in TexasThe state of Texas lists three categories of dental assistants, and they all need some sort of training to work in Texas. A Qualified Dental Aid/Assistant must receive on-the-job training at an approved dental facility or must complete an accredited class. A Registered Dental Aid/Assistant (RDA) must complete an approved dental assisting class and register with the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners if they are going to be working with dental x-ray equipment. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must complete an accredited dental aid or assistant program and pass the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. certification exam. The exam covers infection control, jurisprudence, radiation health and safety, and general chairside experience. CDAs must also have CPR certification. There are no accredited Dallas dental assistant school programs that will allow you to qualify as a Certified Dental Care Assistant. However, Dallas area schools can prepare you for the other two categories. If you want to become a certified assistant, you may consider schools outside Dallas.
Dallas Dental Assistant School OptionsWe found three schools in Dallas that all offer adequate training for you to work as a dental assistant. Here is a look at each of them. The Dallas Dental Assistant School is regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission. It offers a 12-week program in the field. The school is located at 2702 McKinney Avenue. Dallas County Community College located at 1601 South Lamar Street offers a short term program in dental assisting. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Completing this program allows you to qualify for Texas certification in radiology, infection control, and jurisprudence. Found at 9409 Garland Road, Aspire Dental Assisting School has a 10-week program. It is regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission.
Matching School Ads
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Locations: Fort Lauderdale
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Dallas
|Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry||Dallas, Texas||bcd.tamhsc.edu/|