Dental Assistant Schools in BaltimoreFor admission, aspiring dental care assistants need at least a high school diploma or GED; the minimum age for admission is 16. At All-State, students can wrap up dental care assistant training in 48 weeks, with choices between full-time day and part-time evening schedules. Fortis, by comparison, requires 40 weeks of full-time training in the daytime. Total clock hours are 1,035 for All-State and 1,030 for Fortis. Regardless of the school of choice, aspiring dental assistants will perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties to gain valuable hands-on experience. Courses cover subject areas such as oral anatomy, dental radiology, dental office management, dental materials, and dental specialties. Students graduate with a professional certificate in Dental Assisting. After graduation, students can sit for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam or the Maryland General and Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, which are administered by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.
Salaries for DentaL Aid/Assistant Schools in BaltimoreAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson area had an annual mean wage of $36,660 in 2012. States-wide, the wages are virtually in line with the annual median wage of $37,000, which is $2,500 more than the national median. There were 2,750 dental aid or assistants in the Baltimore-Towson region, a number that comprises 55 percent of the Maryland professionals in the same field. The BLS expects the number of dental assistants in Maryland to grow by 23 percent between 2010 and 2020.
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Baltimore
|University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Dentistry||Baltimore, MD||http://www.umaryland.edu|
|All-State Career||Baltimore, MD||https://www.allstatecareer.edu|