So, you have decided to become a dental assistant. This is a great career choice offering stability and plenty of opportunities, but before you can embark on this career path, you have to begin with finding an Atlanta dental assistant school. You have a few different options in the city, but only one of these schools is backed by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Having CODA accreditation is essential if you really want a solid career in this field. Find out more about which school is the optimal choice and why you should consider it.
Why is CODA Accreditation Important?Having CODA accreditation is not just something fancy a school can say. It actually carries a lot of weight. So much so that you cannot get your dental hygienist license if you do not attend a CODA-accredited Atlanta dental assistant school. Accreditation is important because it shows the school meets high quality standards. The program material and what is taught is at acceptable levels that will produce students who can do a safe and accurate job once in the field. CODA is the only accrediting institution for dental programs, so without this accreditation, your education could be deemed useless once you try to find work.
The Only Accredited Atlanta Dental Assistant SchoolIf you want to become a dental assistant and wish to attend school in Atlanta, then you have one option. The Atlanta Technical College offers the only CODA-accredited dental assistant program in the city. Established in 1945 and also known as Atlanta Tech or ATC, the community technical college serves people in Fulton and Clayton counties. Atlanta Tech is part of the Technical College System of Georgia.
Matching School Ads
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Keiser University | Your Education, Your Schedule? Take one class at a time. Choose on campus, online, or both at Keiser Univ.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Atlanta
|Atlanta Technical College||Atlanta, GA||http://www.atlantatech.edu|
Dental Assistant Schools in AtlantaAtlanta Tech offers two tracks of dental care assistant training. Consisting of 330 hours of class time, you can complete the basic dental assisting certificate program in one semester. It consists of four courses:
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Microbiology and Infection Control
- Dental Biology
- Dental Assisting I: General Chairside
- Introduction to Computers
- Preventative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology and Therapeutics
- Dental Practice Management
- Dental Assisting II: Dental Spec & EFDA