Dental Assistant Schools in VermontCTE offers a certificate in dental assisting. Before admission to the program, students must have had one mathematics credit, one science credit, and five elective credits. The main body of the curriculum consists of courses in subjects like anatomy and physiology, microbiology and pharmacology, psychology, medical emergencies, dental practice management, preventative dentistry, dental materials, and dental radiology. Also, students receive lectures from visiting dental professionals. Integrated into the curriculum are required clinicals, externships, and field placements for providing practical experience and on-the-job-training in dental offices. Upon graduation, students receive their certificate for the program, CPR/AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator) certification, and attain professional endorsement in the state for taking dental radiographs. Graduates can sit for the Certified Dental Aid (CDA) exam, thus giving them an edge over non-certified job applicants. CTE also encourages newly minted dental assistants to pursue further study, which can enable them to become Expanded Functions Dental Assistants, or even dental hygienists or dentists.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in VermontEssex Junction is part of the Burlington-South Burlington metropolitan statistic area, where dental care assistants made an annual mean wage of $39,260 in 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is higher than the annual mean wage for dental caer assistants in the state and in the country; the numbers are $37,560 and $35,080, respectively. The Burlington metro area had 190 dental care assistants in 2010 — 38 percent of the state’s number. The BLS does not expect the number of job opportunities to change much over the next decade.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Vermont
|University of Alabama School of Dentistry||Essex Junction, VT||https://www.brookings.edu|