Dental Assistant Schools in UtahThe aforementioned Utah schools have a Dental Assisting Certificate program. At Davis Applied Technology College, the program requires 1,200 hours and can be completed in 15 months. The one at Bridgerland Applied Technology Center requires 1,350 hours, but can be completed within the same amount of time as that of Davis. Ogden-Weber’s program consists of 1,485 hours, with the institution estimating the period of completion at 12 months. The schools share common core courses, some of which are in dental radiology, dental terminology, and law ethics. Also included in each program is a series of externships or clinical procedural practices. Places in laboratories, hospitals, and clinics, students are integrated into a simulated workplace, thus gaining hands-on experience. The curriculum at Ogden-Weber includes subjects in math, computer literacy, and job-seeking skills to better equip graduates as they go job hunting with their newly acquired skills.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in UtahIn 2012–according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)–dental care assistants in Utah made a yearly annual salary of $27,460, with the hourly wage calculated at $13.20. By comparison, the national mean annual wage for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that year. There were 4,080 dental care assistants in Utah in 2010, according to the BLS. Between 2010 and 2020, the BLS expects that number to grow to 5,850: a 43 percent growth rate. This outpaces the national employment growth rate for dental care assistants by 18 percent.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assistant
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Utah
|University of Utah School of Dentistry||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States||http://dentistry.utah.edu/|
|Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine||11 Sunset Way, Henderson, NV 89014, United States||www.roseman.edu|
|Davis Applied Technology College||Kaysville, UT||http://www.datc.edu|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology Center||Logan, UT||http://www.batc.edu|
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology Center||Ogden, UT||http://www.owatc.edu|