Dental Assistant Schools in UtahThe aforementioned Utah schools have a Dental Assisting Certificate program. At Davis Applied Technology College, the program requires 1,200 hours and can be completed in 15 months. The one at Bridgerland Applied Technology Center requires 1,350 hours, but can be completed within the same amount of time as that of Davis. Ogden-Weber’s program consists of 1,485 hours, with the institution estimating the period of completion at 12 months. The schools share common core courses, some of which are in dental radiology, dental terminology, and law ethics. Also included in each program is a series of externships or clinical procedural practices. Places in laboratories, hospitals, and clinics, students are integrated into a simulated workplace, thus gaining hands-on experience. The curriculum at Ogden-Weber includes subjects in math, computer literacy, and job-seeking skills to better equip graduates as they go job hunting with their newly acquired skills.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in UtahIn 2012–according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)–dental care assistants in Utah made a yearly annual salary of $27,460, with the hourly wage calculated at $13.20. By comparison, the national mean annual wage for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that year. There were 4,080 dental care assistants in Utah in 2010, according to the BLS. Between 2010 and 2020, the BLS expects that number to grow to 5,850: a 43 percent growth rate. This outpaces the national employment growth rate for dental care assistants by 18 percent.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Utah
|University of Utah School of Dentistry||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States||http://dentistry.utah.edu/|
|Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine||11 Sunset Way, Henderson, NV 89014, United States||www.roseman.edu|
|Davis Applied Technology College||Kaysville, UT||http://www.datc.edu|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology Center||Logan, UT||http://www.batc.edu|
|Ogden-Weber Applied Technology Center||Ogden, UT||http://www.owatc.edu|