Dental Assistant Schools in South DakotaThe Dental Assisting E-Degree at Lake Area Tech is ideally designed for working professionals who want to complete the program on a part-time basis. The program is split into five semesters, with classes starting in the spring semesters. There are two spring semesters, two summer semesters, and one fall semester; the program ends with the second summer session. The first two semesters are mainly spent on pre-requisite courses in subject areas like oral health, medical terminology, communications, and applied psychology. Core courses include subjects such as pharmacology and medical emergencies, oral anatomy and health, orthodontics, dental radiography, and dental office management. Upon completion of 43.5 credits, students will be awarded a Certificate in Dental Assisting. LATI offers the option of getting an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting, which would require two semesters and 24 credits of additional study. With courses that cover subjects like microbiology, microeconomics, chemistry, and microbiology, students in the A.A.S. degree receive more advanced training.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in South DakotaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in S. Dakota had a yearly mean salary of $29,590 ($14.23 per hour) in 2012. In eastern S. Dakota, where the Lake Area Tech campus is located, dental aid or assistants made $20 less. The national mean annual wage for dental aid or assistants is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). There were 870 dental care assistants in S. Dakota in 2010; 190 of them were based in the eastern region of the state. The BLS expects a 24 percent jump in dental assistant employment for S.Dakota between 2010 and 2020.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In South Dakota
|Lake Area Technical Institute||Watertown, SD||http://www.lakeareatech.edu|