Dental Assistant Schools in South DakotaThe Dental Assisting E-Degree at Lake Area Tech is ideally designed for working professionals who want to complete the program on a part-time basis. The program is split into five semesters, with classes starting in the spring semesters. There are two spring semesters, two summer semesters, and one fall semester; the program ends with the second summer session. The first two semesters are mainly spent on pre-requisite courses in subject areas like oral health, medical terminology, communications, and applied psychology. Core courses include subjects such as pharmacology and medical emergencies, oral anatomy and health, orthodontics, dental radiography, and dental office management. Upon completion of 43.5 credits, students will be awarded a Certificate in Dental Assisting. LATI offers the option of getting an Associate of Applied Science degree in Dental Assisting, which would require two semesters and 24 credits of additional study. With courses that cover subjects like microbiology, microeconomics, chemistry, and microbiology, students in the A.A.S. degree receive more advanced training.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in South DakotaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in S. Dakota had a yearly mean salary of $29,590 ($14.23 per hour) in 2012. In eastern S. Dakota, where the Lake Area Tech campus is located, dental aid or assistants made $20 less. The national mean annual wage for dental aid or assistants is $35,080 ($16.86 per hour). There were 870 dental care assistants in S. Dakota in 2010; 190 of them were based in the eastern region of the state. The BLS expects a 24 percent jump in dental assistant employment for S.Dakota between 2010 and 2020.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In South Dakota
|Lake Area Technical Institute||Watertown, SD||http://www.lakeareatech.edu|