When searching for a dental care assistant school, it is important to look for institutions that are accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). By graduating from a CODA-accredited school, potential dental care assistants have met one of the necessary eligibility requirements to earn certification from the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
To begin the search for a CODA-accredited institution in Philadelphia, visit the DANB website (www.danb.org) for a state-by-state listing or go to the American Dental Hygiene Association website (www.adha.org).
Currently, the Community College of Philadelphia has the only accredited dental care assistant program in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dental Hygiene Education in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaThose seeking to become professional dental care assistants in Philadelphia can expect to complete about 2,910 clock hours of curriculum education, of which 684 hours are spent training in a clinical setting. Entry level positions require 86 credit hours to graduate with a certificate or associate’s degree. For those seeking a Bachelor’s degree, 122 credit hours must be competed.
For those who wish to further their education, such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, degree completion programs are provided for licensed dental hygienists who have completed the necessary amount of professional education requirements or who have already earned a certificate or associate degree.
Salaries for Dental Aid/Assistants in Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDental aid or assistants working in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania can expect to earn about $55,000 per year. This is 1% higher than the national average.
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Philadelphia
|Temple University, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry||Philadelphia, PA, U.S.||dental.temple.edu|
|University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||http://www.dental.upenn.edu/|