Dental Assistant Schools in OklahomaAll the aforementioned schools provide a certificate or diploma in dental assisting. The curriculum is designed for completion within 10 to 12 months. In the certificate/diploma program, students are trained in the basics of the field, such as medical terminology, dental radiography, chairside functions, and oral hygiene. Rose State College is the only one of the five dental assisting schools to provide the additional choice of getting an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting. A two-year program, the A.A.S. degree usually has more advanced classes in certain subject areas and additional clinical classes for giving the students hands-on experience. Also added to the curriculum are more general education requirements, which can be in math, English composition, biology, or the humanities. After graduation from the dental assisting program, students can sit for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) exams and become Certified Dental Assistants (CDAs).
Salaries for Dental Assistants in OklahomaAccording to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), dental care assistants in Oklahoma had an annual mean wage of $29,680, or $14.27 per hour, in 2012. At $31,370 ($15.08 per hour), the northeastern Oklahoma metro area had the annual wage of the state for this profession. By comparison, the national mean annual salary for dental care assistants was $35,080 ($16.86 per hour) that same year. There were 3,720 dental care assistants in Oklahoma in 2010, and the BLS expects a 15 percent increase in employment between 2010 and 2020.
- Each campus features a public restaurant where culinary students work under the direction of professional chefs for real-world experience.
- Hosts Platt College’s Food Fight, a friendly dessert competition for students held once a month.
- Offers programs in culinary arts, nursing, and healthcare.
- Accredited by the American Culinary Federation (AFC) and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 5 campuses in Lawton, North and Central Oklahoma City, Moore, and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In Oklahoma
|University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry||Oklahoma City, OK||http://dentistry.ouhsc.edu|
|Rose State College||Midwest City, OK||https://www.rose.edu|
|Moore Norman Technology Center||Norman, OK||https://www.mntc.edu|
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://francistuttle.edu|
|Metro Technology Center||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.metrotech.edu|
|Western Technology Center||Burns Flat, OK||https://www.westtech.edu|