Dental Assistant Schools in North DakotaNDSCS offers two choice in dental care assistant training: a Certificate in Dental Assisting and an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting. The certificate program consists of 41 credits and can be completed within a year. By comparison, the A.A.S. degree requires the completion of 66 credits and can be wrapped up within a two-year period. Core courses are in subject areas that include chairside dental assisting, biodental science, oral anatomy, dental radiology, dental materials, and office management. Students also take a couple of courses in biology, microbiology, psychology, and technical communications. Included in each curriculum are units of clinical training for hands-on experience. The A.A.S. degree program has the addition of more advanced English composition courses, as well as 14 credits in general education electives as determined by an academic advisor. For admission to the dental assisting program, applicants need to have a high school diploma or GED, at least 8 hours of chairside dental assisting observation, and completed a Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test. Also, grades in high school biology and chemistry and college anatomy and microbiology is considered, and there should be a minimum GPA of 2.0 in high school or college.
Salaries for Dental Care Assistants in North DakotaIn 2012, the annual median salary of dental care assistants in North Dakota was $34,400 ($16.53 per hour), according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); the annual median salary on a national scale was only $100 more. The bottom 10 percent took home $26,900 ($12.95 per hour), while the top 10 percent took home $45,200 ($21.74 per hour). North Dakota had 580 dental care assistants in 2010. The BLS estimates that between 2010 and 2020 employment will rise by 13 percent, bringing the aforementioned number to 650.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In North Dakota
|North Dakota State College of Science||Wahpeton, ND||https://www.ndscs.edu|