Dental Assistant Schools in North DakotaNDSCS offers two choice in dental care assistant training: a Certificate in Dental Assisting and an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Dental Assisting. The certificate program consists of 41 credits and can be completed within a year. By comparison, the A.A.S. degree requires the completion of 66 credits and can be wrapped up within a two-year period. Core courses are in subject areas that include chairside dental assisting, biodental science, oral anatomy, dental radiology, dental materials, and office management. Students also take a couple of courses in biology, microbiology, psychology, and technical communications. Included in each curriculum are units of clinical training for hands-on experience. The A.A.S. degree program has the addition of more advanced English composition courses, as well as 14 credits in general education electives as determined by an academic advisor. For admission to the dental assisting program, applicants need to have a high school diploma or GED, at least 8 hours of chairside dental assisting observation, and completed a Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test. Also, grades in high school biology and chemistry and college anatomy and microbiology is considered, and there should be a minimum GPA of 2.0 in high school or college.
Salaries for Dental Care Assistants in North DakotaIn 2012, the annual median salary of dental care assistants in North Dakota was $34,400 ($16.53 per hour), according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); the annual median salary on a national scale was only $100 more. The bottom 10 percent took home $26,900 ($12.95 per hour), while the top 10 percent took home $45,200 ($21.74 per hour). North Dakota had 580 dental care assistants in 2010. The BLS estimates that between 2010 and 2020 employment will rise by 13 percent, bringing the aforementioned number to 650.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In North Dakota
|North Dakota State College of Science||Wahpeton, ND||https://www.ndscs.edu|