1. A Dental Hygienist must be certified. They take x rays, run machines and other tasks assisting the dentist.
2. A Certified Dental Care Assistant must take an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
They clean teeth, manage and assist others in the office, give information on oral hygiene and plaque control to patients.
Accredited Dental Assistant Schools in North CarolinaNorth Carolina has 23 Dental Care Assistant Schools throughout the state, and all of these Dental Care Assistant schools offer both the certificate or dental hygienist program, and the advanced or certified Dental Care Assistant program. Wherever you live in North Carolina, there is a quality Dental Assistant school within 40 miles.
To research a few of the schools, all 23 Dental Assistant and Hygienist schools are listed at Unixl.com.
Dental Hygiene Education in North CarolinaDental Hygienists are only required to take 10 months of training and then pass the state exam. Dental Hygienists receive their formal education at academic programs at community colleges, tech colleges, vocational schools, and universities. Graduate who have passed any of these programs, typically receive certificates. This is a relatively short time to have the opportunity for a career in dental programs in North Carolina. For those people even more ambitious, accelerated training, distance education and part-time education programs are available.
Salaries for Dental Assistants in North CarolinaThe average salary for either a Dental Hygienist or Assistant is above average. The salaries in cities across North Carolina are very similar with the lowest average salary starts at $34,000 and the most advanced around $65,000. This is an amazing salary for someone who has spent such a short time in training. Dental Assisting is a rewarding career that requires an equivalent of an Associates Degree and is tested with a state exam that must be passed. All 23 of the schools in North Carolina have dental programs, and are listed on Unixl.com. Contact the school of your choice for more information.
The programs consist of general education courses, vocational courses and clinic hours. These courses can be completed in less than two years, which puts the graduate to work as soon as they pass the exam.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- AS Health Science (Pre-Pharmacy)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant - AS
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
More Dental Hygienist/Assistant Schools In North Carolina
|University of North Carolina School of Dentistry||North Carolina, United States||www.northcarolina.edu|
|East Carolina University School of Dentistry||Greenville, North Carolina, United States||http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/dentistry/index.cfm|